Twelve Assignments, Conveyances, Leases And Mortgages Relating To Deal, 1777-1861 And 1900..
Folded legal property deeds, ten on parchment and two (2, 1788 and 8, 1849 on paper), with red borders, and in many cases on prepared legal stationery from a London supplier. Complete with stamps and seals (seals cut out from 5 (1833)). Some age related stains and foxing on exteriors but generally clean interiors.
Contents: 1. assignment of a leasehold covenant in deal. william marsh to henry miles. 1777.
2. mortgage of a dwellinghouse and premises at deal. henry miles and wife to henry garnett. 1778.
3. assignment and confirmation of a messuage and premises in archbishop waste deal. henry garnett by direction of henry miles and wife to john sampson. 1810.
4. assignment of a tenement and premises in broad street, deal. the misses sampson to john eastes. 1827.
5. mortgage of freehold and leasehold premises in deal. john eastes to john watson. 1833.
6. assignment of a messuage and premises in broad street deal. john watson and john eastes to luke m. pain. 1838.
7. assignment by way of mortgage of a leasehold messuage in broad street. luke martin pain to miss susannah holbrook. 1838.
8..lease of premises at deal. his grace john bird lord archbishop of canterbury to richard gibbons and james conolly martin. 1849.
9. deed of appointment by mrs susanna bayly under her marriage settlement and conveyance and assignment...from the old trustees to mrs richard gibbons and the present trustees of the settlement. deal. 1852.
10. conveyance of freehold hereditaments in deal. mrs susanna bayly to mr. tho. jas. bushell and assignment of a mortgage security for £500...mrs susanna bayly to mr.thos stubberfield. 1853.
11. conveyance of the reversion of hereditaments at deal [broad street]. the archbishop of canterbury [john bird sumner, henry thomas earl of chichester and william deedes] with the approval of the church commissioners to mr. thos. stubberfield. 1861.
12. conveyance of no. 5 broad street deal. messrs w. r. hammond and t. j. woodruff to mr elias elliott. 1900.
12 LEGAL MANUSCRIPTS.
Twelve land transfer deed relating to properties in Deal, mostly relating to Broad Street and Lower Street. Names that occur in more than one document are Henry Miles, John Eastes, John Watson, Richard Gibbons, Mrs Susanna Bayly and Thomas Stubberfield. Three of the documents relate to property held by the Archdiocese of Canterbury and two of them bear the seal of John Bird Sumner, Archbishop, 1848-62.
[Stock No. 25010]