Folkestone From The East.
In fine condition.
31 July 1845,
Original watercolour, 9 x 4.75 inches, mounted in conservation materials, outer size 13.5 x 9.5 inches.
Looking down on the town from the outskirts of Folkestone on the Dover Road. The Skew Arches are visible just to the right of the middle of the view and the buildings in the foreground left are the engine sheds and associated buildings of the new Folkestone East railway station, serving the harbour branch line. The harbour can be seen in the distance to the left. The viaduct is just out of the picture, to the right, and it is striking that the whole of the area known today as The Leas and Upper Sandgate Road are undeveloped farm land.
[Stock No. 23909]