The Library Of Methodist Biography..
Bound in original blue cloth with gilt blocks on front boards and spines. A little wear to extremities and occasional foxing. Hinges starting to crack on 3; otherwise a very good set, complete in presentation oak bookcase, stamped WE[?]MS 1813-1913.
[1-8], Charles H. Kelly, 2 Castle St., City Rd., and 26 Paternoster Row, E.C. [9-12]; [9-12], Robert Culley, 25-35 City Road, and 26 Paternoster Row, E.C.,
Contents: l. m' cullagh., [n.d. c.1906]. (no. 2). (1770-1839).
2. stephenson, t. bowman. william arthur. a brief biography. 126 pp.+  pp. portrait frontispiece. . (also no. 5 in the methodist missionary library). (1819-1901).
3. nettleton, joseph. john hunt. pioneer missionary and saint. 124 pp. + 4 pp. publisher's advertisements. portrait frontispiece. . (also no. 2 in the methodist missionary library). (1812-48).
4. barber, w. t. a. david hill. an apostle to the chinese. 128 pp. portrait frontispiece. [c.1906].(also no. 1 in the methodist missionary library). (1840-96). (barber, william theodore aquila, 1858-1945).
the methodist missionary library.
5. coppin, terry. john martin. pioneer missionary, hero and saint. second edition. 1913. 127 +  pp. portrait frontispiece. (1817-1908). first published 1910.
6. hill, j. k. sydney rupert hodge. the 'beloved physician.' 128 pp. . portrait frontispiece. . (1858-1907). (hill, joseph kimber, 1867-1952).
7. allan, c. wilfrid. chu and lo. two chinese pastors. 126 +  pp. portrait frontispiece. . (also no. 3 in the methodist missionary library). chu, shao ngan, 1836-1899; lo, yu shan, 1862-1903).
8. clayton, g. a. methodism in central china. 128 pp. . (clayton, george alfred, 1870-1947).
9. halligey, j. t. f., f.r.g.s. methodism in west africa. a story of heroism. 128 pp. . (halligey, george alfred, 1845-1924).
10. adams, henry. methodism in the west indies. 128 pp. . (adams, henry, 1848-1927)
11. moscrop, thomas and restarick, arthur e. ceylon and methodism. . 128 pp. folding map frontispiece. (moscrop, thomas g., 1860-1920; restarick, arthur, e. 1861-1931).
12. burnet, amos. a mission to the transvaal. . with map. 127 +  pp. folding map frontispiece. (burnet, amos, 1857-1926).
TWELVE VOLUMES IN CASE. Small 8vo. 3.5 x 6.25 inches. Pagination varies from 124-128 pp. as detailed above.
1-7 have portrait frontispieces; 11-12 have folding map frontispieces.
The twelve volumes are part of two series published by the (Wesleyan) Methodist Missionary Society and housed in a handsome oak presentation book case. The contents are partly biographical and partly regional studies of Methodist missionary activities.
THIS IS A LARGE AND HEAVY SET WHICH WILL INCUR SHIPPING COSTS ABOVE THE DEFAULT RATE QUOTED BY ABE. PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY IF YOU WOULD LIKE A QUOTATION FOR POSTAGE BEFORE ORDERING
[Stock No. 24912]