Sittingbourne And District A Pictorial History.
FIRST EDITION. 4to. 7.5 x 10 inches. Unpaginated.  pp. introduction + 100 pp. plates. Bound in original blue cloth, gilt, in price clipped pictorial dust wrapper. Spine sunned, but otherwise a very good copy. Illustrated by 175 black and white photographs on 100 pages of plates. Decorated by publisher's device on title page. An historical photographic record of the north Kent town of Sittingbourne which merged with Milton Regis. Milton Creek possessed a shipbuilding industry and Thames barge trade while the area developed industries of brick making, cement manufacture and paper mills which flourished in the nineteenth century and beyond. The district provided the resources of clay and chalk and the Creek the means of transporting the finished goods. Compiled by locally born Alan Cordell (1935) and Bill (1930) and Margaret (1935) Lee.
[Stock No. 26347]